Tail Tidy and Indicators - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 790Duker

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Tail Tidy and Indicators

So I put a R&G Tail Tidy on my 790 and predictably the indicator deformed from exhaust heat even with the ineffective heat shield. Iím not particularly irritated since I already had R&G Aero indicators to install for all 4 corners. Before I put those on, I want to make sure that they arenít going to have problems.

Has anyone installed the Aero LED indicators and had any issues from the exhaust? Iíll use the shield, but do I need to do anything else for protection? They are small enough and should tuck in behind the shield far better than the stock traffic cone of an indicator, but still...do I need to fab up a better shield? Redirect the exhaust?...because you know, why not rebuild the bike for a cool looking indicator light.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:58 PM

Mine melted USA turn signals with stock slipon and evotech TT

I now have s1 sc project slipon and R&G aero signals but never ran stock exhaust with Aeros so can't comment. You will need adapters to mount front signals ones.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:59 PM

Had no issues on my bike even though I have had the Evotech tail tidy on it from day one.
Have ridden about 8000 km atm and no sign of the head indicators having an issue with the exhaust heat.
But I have an European bike and if I'm not mistaken they have a different set of indicators than the American 790's have.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I installed the R&G Aero indicators. No heat issues at all.

The aluminum stud on one indicator broke off as soon as I put slightly more torque than finger tight when I tightened the nut. Twisted right off. I used one of the second pair I had for the front end and sent the defect back to Revzilla.

Itís quite the rats nest of wire by the time I made the connections and put the resistors in line. Iíll have to skinny it up when I do the front.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:11 PM

Mine came with the Evotech, I thought it looked like **** so I ordered the MNNTHBX. It was kind of pricey but I liked the look.

Arrived saturday and you would think that for $300 it would be a plug and play but no, it was a cnc piece with a couple Rizoma indicators. Yeah but there was detailed instructions on how to wire it up, again no, consult their website to get a vague color connective. Yeah but the colors match up, again NO, they couldn't even get that right. So I spent several hours wiring and rewiring in order to get the brake lights to work, the indicators still don't work, I'm assuming that one of the two resistors included with the rizoma's must be used but who fucking knows which it is.

I shot MNNTHBX a message concerning it but they didn't bother to respond.

They're about a hundred miles from my doorstep so I might just pay them a visit if the rain holds out and try to sort this out in person.

When the river is low they find old bones, when they plow they always dig up chains
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
In case it helps anyone...

The R&G resistors I purchased with the R&G turn indicators, in supposedly the correct ohms, didnít work properly on my bike. I got the error message. The lights did flash ok, but the error message came up every time.

I swapped those resistors out for the plug and play connected resistors for a 690 Duke from Sicass Racing, and everything works well. There is a slight difference in the flash rate on the dash signal indicator compared to the turn signals, but otherwise no issues.
J D likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page