Break-in vs restraint... - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 5Likes
  • 4 Post By 790Duker
  • 1 Post By Chic

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Break-in vs restraint...

Iím posting this with full knowledge that Iíll sound like a teenage imbecile, but screw it, why not.

Bike is still in break in, and had it in Street more, and Iím not completely irresponsible on a public street....I was out for a weekend ride on a really beautiful day. Moron, tatted up pretend tough guy, Amazon Chinese leather vest wearing Harley Street Bob rider pulled up and started doing the whole rev-rev routine...as if there is a Harley on the planet that will pull a Duke. Ripped off the stop light and had him badly beaten at 6000 rpm and shut it down a 70mph. The dip**** actually thought he had me beat when I shut down, and he started weaving around in his lane. Part of me really wanted to show him what a 790 can really do, but I just relaxed and went on my way. Cool story bro..I know, but no one around here in Nebraska has remotely any clue what this little bike will actually do. Itís the most fun Iíve ever had on a bike and Iíve only had it for a week. Have to talk to someone about it
DaveNZ, J D, NavyDuke and 1 others like this.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:56 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Cool story bro! LMAO

A few weeks ago I was riding the twisties with a buddy of mine and we got stuck behind three cars and a guy riding a Harley doing 5 under the limit. We decided to pass all of them and waited for an opening. When we went, I dropped 2 and goosed it and was absolutely astonished at the power and pull under the seat. I didn't think this bike could come close to my R1 in that aspect, but man was mistaken. This bike is a fantastic machine and every time I ride it I am pleased with my decision!!

May as well keep the stories flowing right? Anyone else post up with your "imbecile" story...
NavyDuke likes this.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page