• 1 Post By Chic
  • 1 Post By EvansB2
  • 1 Post By Chic
  • 2 Post By Martin1098

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

Garage
Let's talk Ergos!

Ergonomics! Coming from a sport bike, it is rather different in the more upright seating position. I am still getting used to it. However, being 6'4" and having a wingspan of over 6'8", with the stock set up, I tend to slouch a bit in the saddle. I have been trying to sit more upright, but sometimes I get lazy or the wind is just unbearable.

So I guess my initial question is how do I best set up the bars and the bike for my height? Do I need to keep them back or push them forward? How do you guys have yours set up? The taller you are the farther forward you have the bars? I feel like if I push them forward, I would want to lean more forward like a sport bike, but if I have them back more I may be more upright. Looking for some input or opinions! Thanks!
J D likes this.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Id think that, for a guy with such long arms, youd want to tilt the bar forward to give you body a tad more forward lean to combat the wind blast. Ive been toying with he idea of doing this, and Im 511.
J D likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:10 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansB2 View Post
Id think that, for a guy with such long arms, youd want to tilt the bar forward to give you body a tad more forward lean to combat the wind blast. Ive been toying with he idea of doing this, and Im 511.
I'm 6'1", thinking to do the same with the bars..

Forum Admin. Life goes by faster than a summer vacation.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansB2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
I'm 6'1", thinking to do the same with the bars..

I may try this and see how it goes. If you guys push the bars forward, post up after a ride to let us know what the differences are.
J D likes this.

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 03:57 PM

I’m also 6’1”. I moved the bars to the forward position and immediately noticed an improvement in the riding position. Just that slight amount of added forward lean makes a difference especially on higher speed sweepers and curves. It’s only a 15 minute job to change the bar position, so why not try it.
Chic and J D like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:53 AM

I'm 5ft8 and KTM seems to classify me as a t-rex. Giant legs and tiny arms.
I've moved both the brake and gear pedal down 5mm and i'm not happy with the bars. My arms feel stretched forward so i'm thinking of moving the bars back a little but then i'll have to move all the switch gear.

This is only my first day with it, and i've come from a V-strom (adventure) which you sit bolt upright. So maybe it's just what you're used to?

another interesting thing is a lot of reviewers were saying how it likes to lean/flick into the corners, i'm not finding that at all, again it might be because the v-strom was so tall you had really lean it to go round bends...or it might just be arms are tensed because of the uncomfortable riding position.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnets View Post
I'm 5ft8 and KTM seems to classify me as a t-rex. Giant legs and tiny arms.
I've moved both the brake and gear pedal down 5mm and i'm not happy with the bars. My arms feel stretched forward so i'm thinking of moving the bars back a little but then i'll have to move all the switch gear.

This is only my first day with it, and i've come from a V-strom (adventure) which you sit bolt upright. So maybe it's just what you're used to?

another interesting thing is a lot of reviewers were saying how it likes to lean/flick into the corners, i'm not finding that at all, again it might be because the v-strom was so tall you had really lean it to go round bends...or it might just be arms are tensed because of the uncomfortable riding position.
I don't feel like the bike falls into the corners, but it is definitely very nimble and takes next to nothing to start that lean. It definitely moves a lot quicker in twisties than my R1 did.

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:39 PM

Thanks Chic,
I'm loving the autoblipper and it's so light! I'll be commuting on it this week so we'll see how it goes and I'll move the bars if i'm still not comfy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page