A few queries about track mode and quickshifter? - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 12Likes

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Question A few queries about track mode and quickshifter?

Hi, I got the bike back from it's first service and on getting the bike back in the garage I noticed that there is no track mode in the settings, only the three normal modes. Should it have been enabled as part of the first service, and if this is missing what other settings will not be enabled such as supermoto mode etc?

Also, should the revs on the LCD change colour and you go up the rev range, or did it just change to red when you went above 6000 rpm when running in?

On to the quickshifter, I never really used it when I was running the bike in, but on trying it today the bike made what I can only describe as a brief 'lunge' when on full bore upshifts, and to be honest I couldnt really feel any auto blipping on the downshifts. Am I missing something or am I just not shifting correctly? This is the first bike I've owned with a quickshifter and I wouldn't describe the shifts as smooth or seamless

Also for the cost of the first service I didnt even get a list of what work was carried out, it wasnt even cleaned (although Im not really bothered about that as I prefer to clean it myself). When ever Ive had cars serviced I've always been given a checklist of what work was carried out and any remedial work undertaken.

Last edited by John Alexander; 10-05-2019 at 06:00 AM.
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 02:42 PM
The 'other' Long Islander..

Garage
Sounds like a software problem, all the modes should be there from day one. I would bring it back to the dealer to get it checked under warranty.
J D and John Alexander like this.

2019 KTM Duke 790
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 04:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Alexander View Post
Also, should the revs on the LCD change colour and you go up the rev range, or did it just change to red when you went above 6000 rpm when running in?.
I believe that it is set to 6000rpm during running in - after that you can set it as you wish.
John Alexander likes this.

Small steps - Day by Day.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 08:32 PM

Hi John. I agree that you should get it fixed under warranty. Four modes should always be available. I find the quick shifter useful but it’s only really smooth when you’re accelerating or decelerating. Mine’s quite notchy if l use it while just pootling about
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Cheers guys, I take back that I said I didnt get a checklist, it had been slipped into the clear plastic pouch on the warranty book
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 11:06 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
How many miles/KM are you at? Mine didn't open up the track mode till I went over 660 miles. It did however show that track was there. Same with the shift light.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Hi Chic, 651 miles. Track mode has never shown up. Other owners have been saying it should be there from day one (but not whether or not it was adjustable or fully enabled), but I've never had the option. So I'm guessing I'm missing modes such as wheelie control, launch control, ABS settings, super-moto mode etc. If I've never had Track showing up from day one, whether I've been able to adjust it or not, that it's a fault. Shift light settings are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic View Post
How many miles/KM are you at? Mine didn't open up the track mode till I went over 660 miles. It did however show that track was there. Same with the shift light.

Last edited by John Alexander; 10-06-2019 at 11:28 AM.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 11:38 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Hi Chic, 651 miles. Track mode has never shown up. Other owners have been saying it should be there from day one (but not whether or not it was adjustable or fully enabled), but I've never had the option. So I'm guessing I'm missing modes such as wheelie control, launch control, ABS settings, super-moto mode etc. If I've never had Track showing up from day one, whether I've been able to adjust it or not, that it's a fault. Shift light settings are there.
If I remember correctly, track was showing up and was able to be selected, but yes, no control over any of the adjustable functions. I believe the ABS setting was able to be toggled, but the rest of the selections (wheelie, launch supermoto) were not. If track isn't showing up, I would absolutely make a call and take it in. Maybe they loaded up the wrong system!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
You might consider hitting the 660/1000km and see if that changes anything, but I would schedule the appointment now and go for a 10 mile ride!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 11:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hi Chic, 651 miles.
John - get out there and ride the ruddy thing - That few miles the bores are barely scrubbed and the gearbox is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from being run in. I'd want at least 2000 miles on mine before getting near Track mode.

Small steps - Day by Day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page