Getting rid! - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Booney

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Getting rid!

Well after 14 months ownership I'm trading my 790 in for an MT09. The Duke is a great bike to ride but if things go wrong KTM customer services are a nightmare. 6 weeks wait for an ABS sensor is just ridiculous! You cant phone customer services in the UK and if you email them you just get the standard "very sorry" reply that doesn't help. 2 Bike dealers in my area are now REFUSING to take any KTM's in part exchange due to the issues they've had with obtaining parts. The deposit is going down tomorrow and I will never buy another KTM as long as I live, and being someone who's bought a new bike every 18 months for the last 15 years they've lost a good customer.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Pgm

Garage
I mustíve been fortunate, been riding ktmís Since y2k never had any problems as such.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:42 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Dep, Iíd be pissed off as you are, if I encountered that situation.

Here in the USA, KTM USA has no listed email, and to get someone on the phone is a challenge, so I understand what youíve gone through. Best of luck wt your new Yammi.

Forum Admin. Life goes by faster than a summer vacation.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depster View Post
Well after 14 months ownership I'm trading my 790 in for an MT09. The Duke is a great bike to ride but if things go wrong KTM customer services are a nightmare. 6 weeks wait for an ABS sensor is just ridiculous! You cant phone customer services in the UK and if you email them you just get the standard "very sorry" reply that doesn't help. 2 Bike dealers in my area are now REFUSING to take any KTM's in part exchange due to the issues they've had with obtaining parts. The deposit is going down tomorrow and I will never buy another KTM as long as I live, and being someone who's bought a new bike every 18 months for the last 15 years they've lost a good customer.
Hi Depster
Sorry to hear about this and understand how you feel. Itís frustrating enough when something goes wrong but to then not have the correct support to fix things is even more so! Beware however, the grass is not always greener on the other side
and whilst I understand your anger at the moment I hope that you will not begrudge and try to forgive and perhaps one
day return to your Orange family again.
Btw, Had an MT09 and theyíre great fun too, not so different from the 790 so Iím sure youíll get along fine.
Bonne Route!
B
J D likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:07 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depster View Post

I can't fault you at all! You gave her a good run, but being burned like that I can see how I would be POed also and denounce KTM. I am a Yammi lover times over, so i'm giving you 2 thumbs up on that choice!! Good luck brother! Stop in and let us know how you find the MT09 compared to the 790 (from what you remember were the good times on it). I am very interested to hear your views on both once you get the new bike!

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page