Screw(ed) - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By GothTownDuke
  • 1 Post By Mullasci

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

Garage
Screw(ed)

So i was sitting at a light and was just admiring my whip when I realized that the left side didn’t look the same as the right. Took a closer look and found that I was missing the cowl screw closest to the seat. Thought that was odd that it fell out but I guess it happens. So I found some fische and got the ktm part number and was going to order it from aomc for $.74.

I didn’t. I didn’t want to spend the extra on shipping so I decided to stop by the local KTM shop to grab one...I mean they have to have one right? So I go in and give the guy the number and he is all, “yep! Found it. It’s $.84!” So I give him a dollar and he gives me a receipt and I look at him like go get my screw dude! He looks back and says, “it will be two days!” I was like, “what?! Seriously you don’t have a screw in the back? You had to order it?!!” He says yea sorry! I gave him a look and said, “sh!t man, I would have just ordered it myself and saved the ride back here if I knew that!”

WTF?! Thats just A-hole in my book. Tell me you have to order it and that you don’t have it in stock before i pay you for it. I know they would do the same thing for larger purchases also which is why I’m a bit ticked about it. At least I didn’t buy my bike from them! Saved over a grand in that so that makes me feel better.

Anyway, i found a good site for microfische if anyone needs it. It’s partstream.airnet.com

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic View Post
Anyway, i found a good site for microfische if anyone needs it. It’s www.partstream.airnet.com.
Linky doesn't work for me..

That's a crap way of doing biz for sure.

Prolly time to start loc-titing bits.

Last edited by 1ODA; 09-11-2019 at 09:24 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

Garage
I didn't link it, just typed it in. Let me try to find it and post it.

But yea agreed!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:23 PM

no warranty?

I had two screws missing on the plastic cowl in front of the crotch and simply went to my dealer, told them what screws was missing, he photographed the bike and noted the miles then ordered two screws without any issues.
Anything that should be on my bike thats stock that randomly falls off during warranty i will make sure i get for free by the dealer.
Mullasci and J D like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:49 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Chic,
I took the url part out of it so itís no longer clickable. I would think hardware falling off would be warranted as well?

Forum Admin. Life goes by faster than a summer vacation.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

Garage
Agreed on the warranty part of it. If it were a bigger issue, I would absolutely take it for warranty work...but something as small as a screw....this one in particular (not including a screw from the engine mount) I have no issue paying under a dollar for. I guess I could have called the dealer I got it from and made a warranty claim on it, but I figured in not doing that. Good call though....I should start doing that for anything I have an issue with!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 03:41 PM

Garage
A lot of dealerships do that to be fair. I'm sure they could have rooted around and found one but they won't. They can't be expected to have ever single nut and bolt in stock, especially if they deal with multiple brands. They're just part number orderers. I had to order new o-rings for the oil change on my WR250R. Two tiny, simple o-rings that could be found just about anywhere but that's showbiz baby.

2019 KTM 790 Duke
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 11:43 AM

I was about to lose two of the windshield screws, but the racetrack numbers kept them in place.
I got lucky!
Then tightened them a bit more
J D likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page